- by Daniel CarterMon Oct 17, 2016Check out our latest client to go-live on Percussion CM1 SaaS - Longview Independent School District!Categories: K-12
- by Casey AielloThu Oct 13, 2016
Did you know that you can control what it looks like when someone clicks "print" on your pages?
- by Michael ReidyWed Oct 12, 2016
- by Nate ChadwickTue Aug 23, 2016
Good creative content does not belong in a closet!
- by Nate ChadwickThu Aug 18, 2016
Redirect Manager is a powerful tool designed to put control of website redirects into the hands of non technical users.
- by Brendan SalterWed Aug 10, 2016
The main focus of my job as Customer Success Manager is to make sure that our customers are successful with our products and services.Categories: Customer Success
- by Nate ChadwickFri Aug 5, 2016
Our goal is to provide transparent quality of service metrics, as well as to provide our Marketing customers with general data that they can then use to make tactical decisions.
- by Dan CarterWed Aug 3, 2016
Personally I don’t have anything against charter schools. My only concern is how they are affecting the infrastructure of education. The impact has been significant in some areas and it will only continue...Categories: K-12
- by Nate ChadwickTue Aug 2, 2016
If you've run an SEO optimization tool on your website and gotten reports of "Duplicate content". Percussion CM1 has a quick fix for that problem. With the introduction of the Canonical Link feature in Percussion CM1, we have automated the process of generating Canonical Links on your published website.
- by Piotr ButkiewiczFri Jul 29, 2016
- by Mike AldenMon Jun 27, 2016
I'm thrilled to announce that Matt Ernewein has joined the Percussion Leadership team as Vice President of Technology.
- by Amy LessnerThu Jun 23, 2016Categories: Customer Success
- by Mike AldenThu Jun 16, 2016
I’m excited to announce my new role as CEO of Percussion Software.
- by Casey AielloTue Jun 14, 2016
Page load speeds got you down? The first and easiest thing you should check is the size of the images you have on your page(s).
- by Casey AielloWed Apr 6, 2016
When you upgrade CM1 to version 5.3 you may notice that you have some additional options available to you in the Blog List widget output.
- by Nate ChadwickWed Mar 30, 2016
Integrating New Relic with your Percussion server can help to provide Percussion administrators with excellent performance tuning data for the installations that they manage.
- by Piotr ButkiewiczWed Mar 9, 2016
- by Casey AielloTue Feb 2, 2016
There will always be quirks in every browser you use, so making sure that we know how to target Edge specifically will come in handy in the future!
- by Eric ColantropoThu Dec 10, 2015
Font icons are used on websites in place of image icons. Before font icons were used in web design, a designer would have to save a set of image icons, typically png files with transparent backgrounds.
- by Casey AielloFri Nov 20, 2015
- by Courtney WentworthThu Nov 19, 2015
- by Nate ChadwickWed Nov 18, 2015
Percussion is taking a multi-pronged approach to the Java issue. We are taking short term measures and long term measures.
- by Mythili KulamavalavanTue Nov 17, 2015
The Developer's Workbench that Percussion ship with Rhythmyx and that will be shipping in version 5.3 of CM1 currently only support deployment on Windows systems with the Installer.
- by Nate ChadwickFri Nov 13, 2015
- by Piotr ButkiewiczFri Nov 6, 2015
- by Casey AielloMon Nov 2, 2015
- by Nate ChadwickThu Oct 22, 2015Categories: Developers
- by Nate ChadwickFri Oct 16, 2015
- by Nate ChadwickTue Oct 13, 2015
- by Mythili KulamavalavanTue Oct 13, 2015
- by Reed SavoryWed Oct 7, 2015
- by Chris WrightThu Oct 1, 2015
- by Reed SavoryFri Jul 31, 2015
Based on Percussion’s award-winning CM1 platform, CM1 SaaS Edition puts enterprise-grade web content management within the reach of any organization.
- by Nate ChadwickFri Jul 31, 2015
- by Casey AielloThu Jul 30, 2015
- by Casey AielloThu Jul 23, 2015
- by Casey AielloThu Jul 16, 2015
- by John MatthewsWed Jun 24, 2015
Learn how to effectively use and reuse content to plan outstanding events with Cloudlock's Carrie Page. Watch the video on our blog.
- by John MatthewsFri Jun 19, 2015
Event planning requires coordinating many moving parts to ensure they're executed well. Messaging is a critical but often forgotten aspect of the process.
- by David CunninghamWed Jun 17, 2015
Marketers have a measurable impact at every stage of the buying process: from generating awareness, to stimulating engagement, to delivering business value.
- by Samantha StoneMon Jun 15, 2015
We believed video blog content could be a major traffic driver to our website, but had concerns about producing it consistently. Learn how we got it right.
- by John MatthewsFri Jun 12, 2015
It's tempting to throw content into the top of the funnel and hope for the best, but mapping content to buying stages improves conversions. Learn more.
- by Samantha StoneWed Jun 10, 2015
Making marketing more measurable has been a boon for the role of marketers in a business—but does it come at the cost of sacrificing creative work? Read on.
- by Nate AldenMon Jun 8, 2015
There's so much content about content marketing that it's hard to sift through the bad & find the good. We did the hard work and found the best slide decks.
- by John MatthewsWed Jun 3, 2015
Giving your marketing team the right tools and metrics to measure their effectiveness is the best way to increase their impact. Watch to learn more.
- by John MatthewsMon Jun 1, 2015
Video is the fastest growing form of digital content. If you want to produce high quality video content, you can do it without spending a lot. Learn how.
- by John MatthewsThu May 28, 2015
Public relations is an ever-changing industry, and the growth of content marketing has made it even more dynamic. Learn what more content means for PR.
- by William AndersonFri May 22, 2015
You've spent time and money producing content. Is it actually driving business? Learn how to measure content impact on key sales and marketing outcomes.
- by John MatthewsWed May 20, 2015
Percussion CEO Mike Alden discusses why chief executives need to give their full support to content marketers, and how you can get it. Watch the video.
- by Claudine BianchiMon May 18, 2015
There's a major shift happening in digital and content marketing. Marketers now need to think like publishers and act like journalists to stay relevant.
- by John MatthewsFri May 15, 2015
You can produce lots of content, but is it actually growing your business? Learn how to measure content effectiveness in driving real business value.
- by Phil WessonWed May 13, 2015
Marketers want new ways to reach prospects, and video content is growing fast and getting easier to produce. Create awesome video content with these tips.
- by John MatthewsFri May 8, 2015
People consume content in a variety of ways, and a multifaceted approach is required to use content effectively. See what marketers need to know.
- by Samantha StoneWed May 6, 2015
If you haven't mapped your buyer's journey, you won't know which content to create to nurture them towards a purchase. Here are examples to get you started.
- by John MatthewsFri May 1, 2015
The more you understand your target audience, the easier it is to create valuable content. But how well do you truly know your buyer? Learn about personas.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Apr 29, 2015
The 2015 Marketing Nation Summit provided a lens for focusing on some of the biggest trends and challenges facing content marketers. See 4 that stood out.
- by John MatthewsMon Apr 27, 2015
Learn how CyberSN CEO Deidre Diamond uses content to increase awareness of CyberSN's products in our video interview series.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Apr 24, 2015
Top takeaways and extra questions answered from our webinar on promoting your new website to ensure you drive traffic and make the biggest splash possible.
- by John MatthewsTue Apr 21, 2015
Marketing Advisory Network's Samantha Stone sits down with Racepoint Global's Senior VP Robert Collins to discuss how public relations is evolving.
- by Katie MielcarekMon Apr 20, 2015
Communication is a critical component of strong relationships, and a good customer relationship is essential to customer success. Learn more.
- by David CunninghamWed Apr 15, 2015
The proliferation of marketing technologies, Naughty by Nature lyrics, good old-fashioned hard work, KPIs and other takeaways from MarTech Conference 2015.
- by David CunninghamFri Apr 10, 2015
How can you deliver more content? Alexis and Samantha share suggestions to help you crush content.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Apr 3, 2015
A little ingenuity and experimentation can help marketers unearth hidden talents and skills within their organizations, and discover their secret weapons.
- by Karo KilfeatherTue Mar 31, 2015
An interview with Percussion Software's CMO about how marketing is changing, what's happening with content marketing, and where things might go next.
- by Dan FoleyMon Mar 30, 2015
In IT staffing, expertise is a critical distinguishing factor. See how Boston firm Curate Partners uses content marketing to reach a competitive market.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Mar 27, 2015
Creating enough content is easier work when you find contributors outside your marketing team. But convincing them to write isn't easy. Learn how to do it.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Mar 25, 2015
How do you design a software product that is truly easy to use? Empathy for users, keeping it simple, and other tips from our senior director of product.
- by Karo KilfeatherThu Mar 19, 2015
Get five great free resources for your next website project. From design project planning, to CMS selection, to RFPs. Learn about them in our video blog.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Mar 18, 2015
A CMS can help you scale your digital presence and content marketing efforts by removing technical roadblocks to boosting content output and efficiency.
- by Alicia HaleFri Mar 13, 2015
The countdown is on! Google will change its algorithm on April 21st by adding mobile-friendliness as a ranking factor. Are you ready?
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Mar 11, 2015
Whoever redesigns your website, make sure you choose in house or agency talent for the right reasons. Learn the top reasons for choosing DIY or outsourcing.
- by Casey AielloWed Mar 4, 2015
How do Percussion coaches differ from standard CMS training staff? They work one-on-one with each customer to offer a personalized experience. Learn more.
- by Dan ZarrellaMon Mar 2, 2015
Forget the feel-good but useless advice of old school social media gurus. Get more scientific about measuring social media success in 3 steps. Learn more.
- by Samantha StoneFri Feb 27, 2015
Many marketers optimize web forms to make it easy to route submissions to sales rather than informing better nurturing campaigns post initial conversion.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Feb 25, 2015
You can give one blog post a longer lifespan and extended reach by turning it into multiple formats for new audiences and consumption scenarios. Learn more.
- by Wesley PietzWed Feb 18, 2015
Take it from a sales guy: we don't like making cold calls any more than you like receiving them. But times have changed, and it's safe to answer our calls.
- by Karo KilfeatherTue Feb 17, 2015
Social media scientist Dan Zarrella doesn't just have an opinion on how to be successful in social—he has the numbers. Read our top 5 articles from Dan.
- by Kemal DemirhisarFri Feb 13, 2015
No one likes writing RFPs, but it's common when you search for a web content management system. Get insider tips for how to simplify this complex process.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Feb 11, 2015
Want to create content your audience will love? Make sure it has HEART to include the qualities that matter most. Read on to see what HEART stands for.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Feb 9, 2015
Forget flowers and candy. Want a meaningful relationship with future and current customers? Create content that caters to their deepest needs. Learn how.
- by Maribeth RossFri Feb 6, 2015
Comparing your content performance to others starts with knowing where you fall on the content marketing maturity spectrum. These tools and stats can help.
- by Tim RiestererWed Feb 4, 2015
Like your sales interactions, your messaging and content are a huge part of your story—and you can’t afford to wing it. Learn why your methodology matters.
- by Peter GriffithThu Jan 29, 2015
You can make customers reliant on you 24/7, or educate them to help them become more self-sufficient and successful. Learn how content can improve support.
- by Kemal DemirhisarFri Jan 23, 2015
Effective content marketing requires a steady supply of quality content that is also optimized for search and social distribution. Learn how a CMS can help.
- by Scott BrinkerWed Jan 21, 2015
Our ideas about content are still limited to things that are passively consumed by the audience. Stop limiting what your content can do. Go interactive.
- by Samantha StoneFri Jan 16, 2015
Firefox recently replaced Google as the default engine in its browser in favor of Yahoo. What does that mean for SEO and marketers? Learn on our blog.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Jan 14, 2015
Content marketing is becoming a mature discipline, but some people still think of it as the next fad on the web. See why we think it's been here all along.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Jan 5, 2015
To make the complex process of planning your content strategy simpler and more action-oriented, we’ve produced a template you can use. Download it here.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Dec 29, 2014
Make content marketing new year's resolutions you can stick to this time. What's the secret? Pick resolutions that are targeted, impactful, and achievable.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Dec 22, 2014
Whether next year brings you a website redesign, a new CMS, or content strategy overhaul, we have free resources to make it your best year yet. Learn more.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Dec 17, 2014
What can content marketers expect to get this holiday season? Watch our 12 Days of Content Marketing video to learn and sing along! See it on our blog.
- by Dan FlaniganTue Dec 16, 2014
Version 4.5 of Percussion CM1 introduces features aimed at enabling developers do more with our CMS, and adding the option to publish to AWS S3. Learn more.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Dec 10, 2014
Relevant, valuable content will keep bringing in new audiences indefinitely, but reusing it in new formats has an exponential multiplier effect. Learn more.
- by Reed SavoryWed Dec 3, 2014
Marketers don't like to think about servers and encryption, but they should. Customer data safety makes your brand more trustworthy. Learn more from our cloud security expert.
- by Samantha StoneWed Nov 26, 2014
When budgeting for a new website project, some people leave out the CMS because of all the free open source options available. Except they're not free.
- by Alicia Hale, eMagineMon Nov 24, 2014
With new SEO blogs popping up every day, how do you separate quality from quantity? Check out the top 5 SEO blogs you aren’t reading, featured on our blog.
- by Morriss Partee, EverythingCU.comFri Nov 21, 2014
Using too much financial jargon can turn off your members by making your services seem more confusing. There's a better way to be credible and helpful.
- by David CunninghamFri Nov 14, 2014
We've developed the ultimate handbook for marketers about to tackle a website redesign project. Download this 65-page guide and learn more on our blog.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Nov 7, 2014
In our webinar with video marketing experts from Wistia we explored how to track and interpret video metrics so you can make the most of your video content.
- by Tim YandelWed Nov 5, 2014
It's time for sales to wake up and smell the content. When great content created by marketing becomes part of the sales process, everybody wins. Learn more.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Nov 3, 2014
Marketers can help create better products and experiences for customers if they understand great user experience & interface design principles. Learn more.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Oct 31, 2014
See highlights from our social content panel, featuring Claudine Bianchi, Tom Gerace, David Cunningham, and Maribeth Ross.
- by Dan FlaniganWed Oct 29, 2014
Most of the people who use a content management system (CMS) are not administrators or designers—they just want to create content. We've made it super easy.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Oct 27, 2014
CMO Essentials is a publication for marketers, by marketers, produced by leading business research provider Aberdeen Group. See see our favorite 5 posts.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Oct 24, 2014
Learn how marketers set measurable goals and demonstrate the ROI of their online efforts, and help your website generate more leads and drive business growth.
- by Dan FlaniganWed Oct 22, 2014
The newest release of Percussion CMS introduces enhancements to search, content creation, and other new features. Learn what else is new in this version.
- by Greg AllenMon Oct 20, 2014
See the top 5 resources for banks and financial services from Percussion and partners to help you better plan your next website or content initiative.
- by Andrew Moravick, Aberdeen GroupFri Oct 17, 2014
Writing content for content marketers can seem daunting, but Aberdeen's CMO Essentials has some strategies to keep their content machine running smoothly.
- by Karo KilfeatherThu Oct 16, 2014
Hubspot's Inbound conference is a massive event for inbound and content marketers, and can lead to massive information overload. Learn the top 3 takeaways.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Oct 3, 2014
Marketers need to understand the metrics tracked by Google Analytics to make key decisions about their websites. Answers to questions from our webinar.
- by Dan FlaniganThu Sep 25, 2014
Percussion CMS is not vulnerable to this new remote exploit, but servers running Unix derivatives might be. Learn how to protect your system from an attack.
- by Samantha Stone, Marketing Advisory NetworkFri Sep 12, 2014
What do content marketers spend on content creation? Which channels do they use? What kind of content is most effective? The answers to our survey are in.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Aug 15, 2014
Watch a replay of our webinar with boutique web design firm Dialogue Theory on our blog and learn how to build a more engaging and effective bank website.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Aug 13, 2014
Design feels highly subjective and can get emotional. How do you get a website project team to agree around matters of taste? Learn how to build consensus.
- by Courtney Koellner, iFactoryWed Aug 6, 2014
Keep your website redesign project on track, on budget, and within scope with 6 time-tested strategies from a seasoned web project manager. Learn more.
- by Jeff Palopoli, Boston InteractiveFri Aug 1, 2014
Using personalization techniques on your bank or credit union website is a great way to reach customers. How do you know it's working? Learn the best KPIs.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Jul 30, 2014
It's hard for non-designers to ignore website wireframes and imagine something different in their place. Learn how to look at them and use them effectively.
- by Jeff Palopoli, Boston InteractiveFri Jul 25, 2014
Reach bank and credit union customers online with personalization with strategies that include location targeting, keywords, and lead scoring. Learn more.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Jul 23, 2014
Your website's information architecture is critical to great user experience, but can get complicated and contentious. Learn how to build a good website IA.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Jul 23, 2014
Your website's information architecture is critical to great user experience, but can get complicated and contentious. Learn how to build a good website IA.
- by Jeff Palopoli, Boston InteractiveFri Jul 18, 2014
Banking customers don't want a one-size-fits-all experience when visiting a branch or your website. Learn how to connect to customers with personalization.
- by Alexis KarlinWed Jul 16, 2014
Learn how to conduct a full website content audit when you start your website redesign, from what tools to use to ranking and rewriting. More on our blog.
- by Mark SomolFri Jul 11, 2014
Creating a great company culture in a tech company is about more than fun events, and it's not just up to the CEO. Learn how to help great culture develop.
- by David CunninghamWed Jul 9, 2014
Selecting the right design firm for your website can make or break your redesign project. Learn what questions to ask before picking your agency partner.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Jul 7, 2014
Read the blog posts most shared by our readers, covering everything from SEO, to website redesigns, to developing content marketing superpowers. Read more.
- by Alexis KarlinWed Jul 2, 2014
Follow the tips in this blog post to help you have a successful website redesign, from setting goals to choosing the right project team. Read to learn more.
- by Dan FlaniganWed Jun 25, 2014
Redoing your website includes getting a web content management system, a new website design, and new content. Learn why picking your CMS is the first step.
- by Dan FlaniganMon Jun 23, 2014
SEO mastery takes training, experience, and skills. Now every content contributor can create optimized content for your website with our new app. Learn more.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Jun 20, 2014
Skyword's Content Rising in Boston brought together some of the sharpest minds in content marketing to discuss where this field is going next. Learn more.
Diary of a Redesign: Understand the Business Goals for Your Website Before You Start a Redesign Projectby Mark SomolWed Jun 18, 2014
Whatever your reasons for redesigning your website, outline what business goals the new site should accomplish before you start the process. Learn more.
- by Beverly ChiarelliFri Jun 13, 2014
The top reason why content is ignored is irrelevance, but B2B companies waste up to $30 million a year on self-centered content. Learn how to do better.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Jun 11, 2014
Having trouble convincing your boss to redesign the company website? Our post offers 8 reasons that will help your boss realize it's time to go for it.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Jun 6, 2014
SEO goes beyond web pages and meta data. Images and video are the fastest growing content types & should be optimized to rank in search results. Learn more.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri May 30, 2014
Web content management software is often purchased by IT instead of marketers. This flawed model reduces the ROI of digital content marketing. Learn more.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed May 28, 2014
Backlinks aka link building are a commonly misused SEO tactic that has been exploited by bad sites, earning a bad reputation. Learn how to use them well.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri May 23, 2014
Regular pandas eat bamboo, but Google's latest algorithm update Panda 4.0 wants to eat fresh and unique website content. Learn what it means for your site.
Content Marketing Superpowers Every Marketer Wants, and How You Can Still Be a Superhero Without Themby Karo KilfeatherWed May 21, 2014
Learn about the most wanted content marketing superpowers and the next best thing.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri May 16, 2014
Google's URL builder makes tracking marketing campaign traffic in Google Analytics easy. Learn how to measure your campaign’s effectiveness with this free tool.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed May 14, 2014
Mentioning your target keywords in your content is important for your SEO. Visit the Percussion Blog to learn the 3 most important tactics to optimize your content pieces.
- by by Dale Bertrand, Chimaera LabsWed May 7, 2014
Content marketing is much more than writing blogs, but bad blogging can hurt your entire content marketing effort. Watch out for these common blog mistakes.
- by Greg AllenFri May 2, 2014
Whatever your bracket picks, there's more than basketball teams competing in the Final Four. Which college athletic website will win? Read our predictions.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Apr 30, 2014
At this year's Higher Ed Web New England, we learned about web content management woes and the future of the web in higher education. Read more on our blog.
- by Dan FlaniganMon Apr 28, 2014
Percussion CMS introduces new features, fixes and enhancements every couple months because of its agile development schedule. See what's new in version 4.1.
- by Greg AllenFri Apr 25, 2014
When talking to financial services institutions like banks, credit unions and insurers about web content management, 3 issues always come up. What are they?
- by Ken Nakata, HiSoftwareWed Apr 23, 2014
Web accessibility impacts millions of people but the laws governing accessibility aren't always understood or followed. Learn more about what it means.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Apr 18, 2014
Writing page titles and descriptions for good SEO helps Google and its users know your content is relevant to their search. Learn how to write them right.
- by Armani AppolonWed Apr 16, 2014
Creating tabbed content is a popular way to present information on a webpage. View this tutorial to learn how to help non-technical users easily add tabs.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Apr 14, 2014
Marketers who don't prioritize web accessibility, compliance, and security of content leave websites vulnerable to hackers and legal action. Learn more."
- by Karl Wirth, EvergageFri Apr 11, 2014
Colleges can increase engagement, enrollment, and donations in real-time with personalized content for students, parents, and alumni. Learn how on our blog.
- by Dan FlaniganThu Apr 10, 2014
There is nothing intrinsic in Percussion Software's products that makes them vulnerable to Heartbleed, but here's what you should know about this issue.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Apr 9, 2014
Feeling like you're late to the content marketing party? If you're just getting started, we're taking it back to basics to make it easier. Learn more here.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Apr 7, 2014
If our readers are any indication, 2014 is shaping up to be a year of many changes on the web. See our most popular blog posts on web content and design.
Apps are a great way to engage your audience with great content anywhere Case Study: Creating Engagement in the Financial Industry Through Content and Mobile Applicationsby Brett Borgeson, AVP of Practice Development, AyantekFri Apr 4, 2014
In the financial industry, generating revenue requires engaging your customers. Engaging your customers requires creating value. Learn more on our blog.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Mar 31, 2014
- by Karo KilfeatherSun Mar 30, 2014
Heidi Cohen is known as the actionable content marketing guru, and her blog is always filled with great tips you can apply right away. See our favorites.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Mar 28, 2014
Have you noticed anything different with Google's SERPs (search engine results pages)? The underlined links are gone. Learn what else is new on our blog.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Mar 28, 2014
Have you noticed anything different with Google's SERPs (search engine results pages)? The underlined links are gone. Learn what else is new on our blog.
- by Dan FlaniganWed Mar 26, 2014
WCM is the foundation for content marketing, but marketers who miss this connection don't know how to leverage it. See how it should work on our blog.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Mar 24, 2014
More than half of Google ad revenue will come from mobile clicks by 2015, signaling the end of a divided web and the future reign of mobile. Read how to prepare.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Mar 21, 2014
Responsive design won't automatically make your content responsive. How do you make your content mobile device friendly? Learn in today's blog post.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Mar 19, 2014
Redesigning your website isn't just about design. Aligning your brand and design with a content strategy will help you make it more effective. Learn how.
- by Alexis KarlinMon Mar 17, 2014
Best practices for landing pages and microsites differ. Once you've picked what's best for your marketing campaign, read these tips for making them better.
- by Sara Murray, Boston InteractiveFri Mar 14, 2014
Guest post from Sara Murray of Boston Interactive on the importance of analyzing your website’s performance after launch. Learn more now.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Mar 12, 2014
What's happening in education search? Learn which programs are growing or slowing down and where colleges need to spend their content marketing dollars.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Mar 5, 2014
Control how your content displays when you share it on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ with this meta tag, Open Graph, and Microdata blog tutorial.
- by Dan FlaniganMon Mar 3, 2014
A content marketing strategy includes a plan for content distribution, curation, and roadblocks. Our Must-Read Monday blog picks will help you get it right.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Feb 28, 2014
Reaching prospective college students and getting them to apply and enroll requires speaking to them and their parents, who are more involved than ever.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Feb 26, 2014
LinkedIn opened its publishing platform for all users. Before you publish your content on LinkedIn, stop and answer these questions. More on our blog.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Feb 24, 2014
SEO best practices constantly evolve. Read these top stories for SEO cheat sheets, content-free tactics, and strategies to avoid. Learn more on our blog.
- by Armani AppolonFri Feb 21, 2014
Percussion's web content management system helps marketers create custom CMS widgets with structured data markup tags to improve SEO. Learn how on our blog.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Feb 19, 2014
Readers don't want the RSS info overload--they want quality, personalized feeds. Use curation to add value and boost your content marketing strategy. Learn more now.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Feb 17, 2014
Most college websites need some help with design, architecture and content management system selection. Watch our webinar to build a better higher ed site.
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Feb 14, 2014
Breaking up with your current CMS can be hard to do. Percussion makes the website migration to our CMS platform painless. Read on to learn more.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Feb 12, 2014
How do you know it’s time to call it quits with your CMS instead of making it work? These relationship red flags should tip you off.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Feb 10, 2014
Content strategy picks: audience personas and brand archetypes, why you need a strategy, and more.
- by Paul Fleming, Eliassen GroupFri Feb 7, 2014
Eliassen Group is among the top 20 IT staffing firms in the country. Here's how they approached the responsive redesign.
- by Jon LapomardoWed Feb 5, 2014
With more than 1 billion smartphones shipped last year, there’s no going back to designing for desktops and figuring out mobile later.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Feb 3, 2014
Follow these step-by-step guides to understand how to choose the best web CMS, before you write your shortlist.
- by Dan FlaniganFri Jan 31, 2014
Managing your content marketing to remain focused while responding to new priorities requires an agile approach.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Jan 29, 2014
Websites that grow college enrollment always have 2 types of content front and center. Do you know what they are?
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Jan 27, 2014
We've picked the top 5 sessions we think you can't miss if you're a content marketer, or want to improve your content strategy for 2014 and beyond.
- by Doug Scanlon, Elms CollegeFri Jan 24, 2014
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Jan 22, 2014
Customer success begins before they're your customer, if your content strategy is right.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Jan 20, 2014
Content curation doesn't always get enough credit for its marketing mojo. Here's how to become a better content curator.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Jan 13, 2014
With people's web habits becoming increasingly mobile-specific, we need to adjust not just design, but content, to what's likely to become a dominant mode of online content consumption.
- by Karo KilfeatherTue Jan 7, 2014
Give your website the tools to adapt and make it your best sales person.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Jan 6, 2014
Boost your content marketing and SEO with these 50 tips.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Dec 30, 2013
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Dec 23, 2013
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Dec 20, 2013
- by Karo KilfeatherThu Dec 19, 2013
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Dec 16, 2013
- by Karo KilfeatherThu Dec 12, 2013Categories: How Tos
- by Karo KilfeatherTue Dec 10, 2013
Microsites vs. Landing pages; which is the better choice? We review the pros and cons to help you decide what is best. Tell us which you prefer and why.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Dec 9, 2013
- by Karo KilfeatherThu Dec 5, 2013
We've come up with the 5 definitive questions your website CMS needs to be able to answer to prove that it's doing what it's supposed to and not just standing in your way.
- by Alexis KarlinWed Dec 4, 2013
- by Chris BurnsTue Dec 3, 2013Categories:
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Dec 2, 2013
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Nov 29, 2013Categories: Monthly Roundup
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Nov 27, 2013
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Nov 25, 2013
- by Karo KilfeatherFri Nov 22, 2013
- by Alexis KarlinThu Nov 21, 2013
- by Alexis KarlinWed Nov 20, 2013
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Nov 18, 2013
- by Dan FlaniganFri Nov 15, 2013
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Nov 13, 2013
- by Karo KilfeatherTue Nov 12, 2013
Campus visits are most likely to convert students, but what if they don't want to travel? Interactive content can help.
- by Karo KilfeatherThu Nov 7, 2013
You need to make your site mobile friendly, but where do you start? Here's how to engage the mobile consumer.
- by Dan FlaniganWed Nov 6, 2013
With this release, one of our chief objectives was to reduce the time, effort, and skills required to take an existing site and make it mobile friendly.
- by Alexis KarlinFri Nov 1, 2013
We shine a light on some of the scariest aspects of higher education web strategy, and shared some tips for how to make them all less spooky.
- by Karo KilfeatherThu Oct 31, 2013Categories: Monthly Roundup
- by Dan FlaniganTue Oct 29, 2013
Must-Read Monday: Content Is King, but Distribution Is Queen, and Writing Lessons from "Breaking Bad"by Karo KilfeatherMon Oct 28, 2013
- by Alexis KarlinFri Oct 25, 2013
- by Dan FlaniganThu Oct 24, 2013
- by Erica Chang, Zendy LabsTue Oct 22, 2013
Must-Read Monday: B2B Gets Serious About Pinterest, Feeding the Hummingbird, and Creating Killer Contentby Karo KilfeatherMon Oct 21, 2013
- by Alexis KarlinThu Oct 17, 2013
- by Kemal DemirhisarWed Oct 16, 2013
What you see in a content management system demo isn't always what you get. Find out what to look for when test driving a new CMS.
- by Karo KilfeatherTue Oct 15, 2013
Your success depends on web content management. But are you really managing content? Review these signs to learn if you are managing a website or content.
- by Karo KilfeatherMon Oct 14, 2013
It's Must Read Monday at Percussion. Check out this new feature on our blog to see what you must need to know in content marketing and SEO this week.
- by Alexis KarlinThu Oct 10, 2013
Hummingbirds are fast and precise. Help Google's new algorithm land on your pages to find the right information quickly. Learn more about the latest update.
- by Karo KilfeatherWed Oct 9, 2013
Google's 2013 Q2 education search report highlighted major trend shifts. Here's how you can adapt.
- by Kemal DemirhisarMon Oct 7, 2013
When you choose a new CMS, sometimes you're not getting a finished product. Here's how to spot the difference.
- by Addison Jones-Mulaire, Junior UI Engineer, Percussion SoftwareMon Sep 30, 2013
The retirement of Google Reader has left RSS users lost and wondering: is RSS becoming obsolete? Read on to learn the future of Really Simple Syndication.
- by Rebecca Marani, Vice President of Interactive Services, Boston InteractiveWed Sep 25, 2013
In higher education, there are many different audiences that you need to speak to on your website. How do you do this without diluting your message to each one?
- by Chris Burns, Pre-Sales Engineer, Percussion SoftwareMon Sep 23, 2013
Trying to choose between .Net CMS and open source platforms? Percussion tackles the tough questions to help you make the right choice. Learn more.
- by Matthew Ernewein, Principal Engineer, Percussion SoftwareFri Sep 20, 2013
This blog post highlights how your website doesn't have to be complicated using Percussion CMS.
- by Rebecca Marani, Vice President of Interactive Services, Boston InteractiveWed Sep 18, 2013
The 2nd part of this blog post series by Boston Interactive covers the "show, don't tell" theory behind effective higher education websites.
- by Alexander Chin, Account Executive, Percussion SoftwareMon Sep 16, 2013
Picking the right web content management system isn't easy. Learn to ask the right questions to match a CMS with your marketing needs and business goals.
- by Rebecca Marani, Vice President of Interactive Services, Boston InteractiveThu Sep 12, 2013
This series of posts explore how social integration, prominent calls to action, and faculty showcases can improve the effectiveness of your college site.
- by Dan Flanigan, VP of Products, PercussionWed Sep 11, 2013
Percussion's widget builder feature was released to beta this month to a limited number of customers. Below are some examples of what can be done with Widget Builder
- by Nathaniel Woodland, Senior Percussion CMS Specialist, Percussion SoftwareMon Sep 9, 2013
In this blog post Nathaniel Woodland explains how to get the most out of Percussion CMS Navigation widget.Categories: Feature Focus
- by Ben Cheung, Best Practice Coach, Percussion SoftwareFri Sep 6, 2013
Businesses are rushing to get responsive design implemented, and perhaps you are too. But my question to you is this: do you know why you should?
- by Kristen Perry, Eliassen GroupFri Aug 30, 2013
If you are an organization like Eliassen Group, who was looking for a new content management system for web scalability, then this blog post will resonate with you.
- by Nathan Chadwick, Consultant / Architect at Percussion SoftwareMon Aug 26, 2013
To avoid issues that may arise due to broken links, it's important keep track of major Navigational changes, renames, and Page moves once a web site is live and publicly indexed.
- by Julia Prevost, Account Executive, Percussion SoftwareTue Aug 20, 2013
Often the best advice consists of what not to do. Here's a run down of the qualities shared by content that is not so compelling, and that readers dislike.
- by Greg Allen, Account Executive, Percussion SoftwareMon Aug 12, 2013
Greg Allen discusses how content marketing's popularity has grown but how the strategy is not worth the effort if there is no ROI measured alongside.
Diary of Another Quality Assurance Intern: 5 Things I Learned From My Internship at Percussion Softwareby Ashley Packard, Percussion SoftwareTue Aug 6, 2013
Ashley Packard, Quality Assurance Intern for Percussion Software discusses the five lessons she learned from her summer internship.
- by Christopher Cullati, Percussion SoftwareMon Jul 29, 2013
Percussion, as a single owned company with over 50 employees, held a unique work experience. Here are some of the valuable lessons I learned this summer.
- by Hilary Dionne, Senior Manager of Customer Insights and Analytics at ZmagsMon Jul 22, 2013
What metrics should you use to measure the success of your content marketing? Zmags, Hilary Dionne explains how to evaluate marketing analytics. Learn more.
- by Brett Borgeson, AVP of Practice Development at AyantekMon Jul 15, 2013
When it comes to customer engagement, always remember the importance of the how, where, and why you reached out.
- by Alexis Karlin, Percussion SoftwareThu Jul 11, 2013
Learn some great tips to help you harmonize and leverage your content management and marketing automation for increased efficiency and greater results.
- by Alexis Karlin, Percussion SoftwareFri Jun 28, 2013
This blog post covers the pros and cons of the RFP process and gives tips for writing your RFP.
- by Dan Flanigan, VP of Products, PercussionTue Jun 18, 2013
In this blog post, Dan Flanigan, VP of Products uncovers our LiveFirst methodology.Categories: Feature Focus
- by Dan Flanigan, VP of Products, PercussionMon Jun 17, 2013
If your CMS can help you audit your site rather than needing to be audited, wouldn't you want to get your existing site in place and go from there? You can.
- by Alexis Karlin, Percussion SoftwareWed Jun 5, 2013
This blogs highlights 5 steps to creating compelling content for your web marketing strategy.
- by Mark Somol, Chief Financial Officer, Percussion SoftwareThu May 23, 2013
Percussion Software's CFO uncovers the questions your CFO will ask you when you start planning budget for a new CMS. Learn what to expect.
- by Deidre Diamond, President & CEO, PercussionMon May 20, 2013
Join us in London on June 11 to learn about Dogs Trust End-to-End Cost Savings Web Solution.
- by Katie BelliveauFri Apr 26, 2013
Follow these guidelines to optimize your mobile website.
- by Matthew Ernewein, Principal Engineer, PercussionMon Apr 22, 2013
What is Agile and why does it matter to you? Matt walks you through agile and how it benefits prospects looking for a future forward WCM.
- by Jay Seletz, Sr. Consulting Software Engineer, PercussionFri Apr 19, 2013
Senior engineer at Percussion, Jay Seletz, dives into the debate about SEO being dead. And how SEO is more important due to WCM. Learn more.Categories: SEO
- by Deidre Diamond, President & CEO, PercussionMon Apr 15, 2013
In her first blog post, President of Percussion Software Deidre Diamond compares the basic yoga poses to web content marketing.
- by Debbie Jones, Norfolk State UniversityFri Mar 29, 2013
In this blog post, a website manager shares how she enables 170 contributors and 170 editors to use Percussion CM1 to update the Norfolk University website.
- by Dan Coletta, Senior Account ExecutiveTue Mar 26, 2013
Senior Account Executive, Dan Coletta gives his take on the Web Content Management industry after two years of selling to it.
- by Aaron DunMon Mar 18, 2013
Learn how you can enable content contributors by reading these Six Tips To Transform Your Organization into Contributing Rock Stars.
- by Aaron DunTue Mar 12, 2013
Bringing new and current customers added value to their Web CMS Software, Percussion joins LaunchPoint, Marketo's Partner Ecosystem. Learn more.
- by Rachel BlanksteinFri Mar 8, 2013
Rachel Blankstein, former CEO of Comparz breaks down how she builds her current blogging strategy and why it works. Learn more.
- by Aaron DunMon Mar 4, 2013
Aaron Dun wraps up his answers to the Content Marketing Institute Tweet Jam on Marketing Automation and Web User Experience.
- by Aaron DunWed Feb 27, 2013
Aaron Dun outlines the importance social media plays in your website and to connect social to your customer's experience.Categories: Social Media
- by Alexis KarlinTue Feb 19, 2013
We got so many questions during our recent webinar with Curata that we ran out of time to answer them all. Here are some of the remaining questions.
- by Kemal DemirhisarFri Feb 15, 2013
This guest blog post breaks out the top challenges marketers face when it comes to their website content.
- by Aaron DunMon Feb 11, 2013
It's Time to Get Off the Web Content Management Merry Go Round. Are you ready?
- by Pawan DeshpandeFri Feb 8, 2013
64% of marketers struggle w/ creating content. Join Curata & Percussion Software to learn how to Make it Work. Learn more.
- by Alexis KarlinMon Feb 4, 2013
The need for content has evolved due to a number of reasons marketers have been and are adapting to every day. Content marketing isn't as new as you think.
- by Cara MarzilliFri Feb 1, 2013
See how new web design trend Parallax Scrolling, discusses how is currently being used by big brands how you can use it for your website. Learn more.Categories: Web Design
- by Erik PojeMon Jan 28, 2013
Percussion Software's sales team gives insight to sales involvement in the growing production of content marketing and how to leverage it. Learn more.
- by Aaron DunFri Jan 25, 2013
Unable to decipher whether to go down the path of content management or marketing automation? Learn the difference to make the right decision.
- by Aaron DunWed Jan 23, 2013
This blog post breaks down the recent NetProspex, a B2b data partner, report State of Marketing Data.
- by Alexis KarlinTue Jan 22, 2013
Join our Free Webinar on February 14th to learn why it's time to break up with your current content management system!
- by Alexis KarlinFri Jan 11, 2013
This post highlights 3 gadgets from CES 2013 that can help you with your content marketing strategy.
- by Aaron DunTue Jan 8, 2013
This blog posts outlines three principles in which Percussion outlines its content marketing strategy.
- by Lorena ProiaThu Jan 3, 2013
Companies often struggle with revamping their web IA or deploying new WCM software. We suggest both.
- Customer Success (22)
- Development (1)
- K-12 (2)
- B2B (16)
- Best Practices (64)
- Choosing a CMS (15)
- Content Analytics (9)
- Content Marketing (117)
- Content Optimization (28)
- Design and Implementation Showcase (3)
- Diary of a Redesign (11)
- Educated Opinion (4)
- Expert Users (1)
- Feature Focus (11)
- Financial Services (6)
- Government (2)
- Guest Post (24)
- Higher Education (11)
- How Tos (13)
- Inside Percussion (16)
- Marketing Metrics (8)
- Mobile and Responsive Design (17)
- Monthly Roundup (2)
- Must-Read Monday (27)
- Personalization (3)
- Resources (19)
- SEO (17)
- SEO Basics (1)
- Social Media (2)
- Tech Talk (10)
- Video (8)
- Web Content Management (30)
- Web Design (29)
- Web Governance (7)
- Web Project Management (18)
- Workflow and User Management (3)
- Product (10)
- News (2)
- Blog (274)